Wednesday, February 10, 2016

All my logos. From the past, in the present, for the future.

Logos are awesome. Fun, logos are awesome. Today I think I'll show you the maybe not so fun ones and the super duper fun ones.

We'll start in the very beginning. (A very good place to start)
The very first one I did was for Through the eagles eye, a blog with no published posts.


At that point I had no idea what I was doing so I had Blogger crop it down to size.

And here we come to the birth of Squeaky Pigs. The Squeaky Pigs Art logo.

I had been learning cartooning from a book, and wanted to share my artwork with the world.
And since I already new some of how Blogger worked, I just whipped up a logo, whipped up a blog, and woosh! Squeaky Pigs Art! 


And as time goes on, a person learns new things and increases their skill level, and starts to be discontent with the present fix, and starts new things.

hence the new SP logo.
So I've been really wanting to start a YouTube channel. And the old logo wasn't exactly mobile.
(There was no transparency, and those speed lines led your eyes off the page.)

But this I can have at the start of the video really big, for a theme song. Through the entire video, small in a corner. And at the end where I show off my "other great vids."


And YouTube brings us to Star Skunk the main show I'll include. 
The logo I originally just took a Si-fi-looking font and slapped it on some text with a funky shadow.
It stunk.

Then later, I was fiddling around in Pixlr, and I discovered the layer styles and  the pinch tool.
I fiddled around with those, on the logo and came up with this.
Much better.

Also on YouTube, a show I'm planning to have is Squeaky Toons. I used the same technique I used on the SP logo.

Its not as good as the other one, but it does tie in to the whole Squeaky Pigs video scheme.

And last in line I have the original movie logo. I just took the first hand drawn logo, chroma keyed it (transparency) and added a fiery-fountain.






And that's all my logos so far. Tho I will have logos for the Squeaky Toons reoccurring characters.

So all in all, I'm pretty happy with my logos and I'm looking forward to showing ones in the future.

Piggy on!

No comments :

Post a Comment