Friday, March 18, 2016

Deeper into Star Skunk: Relation to other franchises (Rant)

So when I talk to anybody about Star Skunk they'll either say: "Like Star Wars?!" Or "huh, nice."
The former is worse. 'cause I don't care whether or not there interested, because Star Skunk  doesn't even exist yet! And since I'm not asking for money or anything the latter just makes me feel uncomfortable. AND since I'm an introvert I'm pretty uncomfortable already!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh.

But anyway I've been developing Star Skunk in my spare time (which is extensive.)
And I've come across some problems.
Obviously.
People keep trying to identify Star Skunk with some other space movie or show.
("Will it have droids?")
And its driving me CRAZY!!!

What I want for Star Skunk is originality! I can't have that if people are expecting a fan fiction of that movie I've never seen!
Or if they think I'll just have Star Wars references left and right.

I mean, I will have references to stuff, but not just space movies or cop shows.

And that's not all! I told someone about it the other day and they asked me: "will it be DreamWorks or Universal?" (keep in mind he was around 7 years old.) I replied with: "It'll be Squeaky Pigs."
Which started the whole conversation about the name Squeaky Pigs! And I think I'll leave so you can do something productive. Like make a space YouTube show.

No comments :

Post a Comment